Answered By: Denyse Rodrigues Last Updated: Nov 03, 2015 Views: 25
The best way to send items you have currently out on loan to RefWorks is to add them to your “e-shelf”. This is available in both Novanet Classic and Novanet Discovery. Unfortunately, the items that appear in your Novanet Account ‘Items on Loan’ list do not have the full bibliographic information, and so cannot be directly imported to RefWorks. A quick video of what it looks like is shown below.
Here are the steps one can use to move ‘Items on Loan’ to my ‘e-shelf’ and then into my ‘RefWorks’ account.
- Login to your Novanet Discover account (via the link on the Library home page)
- This should take you directly to your account (but if not, click on My Account on the top right of the page)
- [Loans] are shown by default
- Drag and drop the call number on your loans list to the search bar above.
- Click on the star next to the item to add to your e-shelf
- Repeat until all the items you need are in your e-shelf
- Go to your e-shelf via the link at the top right of your screen (next to My Account)
- In your e-shelf, select the items you wish to send to RefWorks
- Push to RefWorks should already be selected in the box on the upper right of the e-shelf list.
- Click Go to send the references to RefWorks. You will most likely have to sign into your RefWorks account.
Naturally, if you are just searching in Novanet for items you can skip the steps related to your loans in My Account. As you find items, simply click on the star to add them to your e-shelf, and then send to RefWorks.